Getting Your Project Started
For many of us, starting a rock landscape project can be an intimidating task. Arrow Rock & Stone recommends that you follow these steps for your next project:
1. Are you going to use a contractor? If you already have a contractor you should be all set. If you need help locating a contractor visit our Contractor page and if you are a DIYer then continue...
2. Measure the area of coverage - measure the length and the width of your area of coverage and then multiply the two figures - this should give you the area of coverage. Note: if your area is not square you may have to do some estimating.
3. Determine the depth of the coverage - if you are using decorative rock you will need to understand how deep of coverage is required - 2" is recommended.
4. Select the rock of choice - select the Arrow Rock & Stone rock of preference
5. Using the conversion chart - determine the amount of rock necessary to complete your project.
If you are going to use flagstone: One ton (pallet) of flagstone will cover approximately 100 square feet.
If you have questions please consult with Arrow Rock & Stone staff for additional guidance